Thursday 14 April 2016

New Music: Xylaroo - I'm On My Way


Here’s my new favourite lyric to holler along to: “If sex is the reason, then I guess we’re all f*cked, ‘cos we’re all getting closer, but I wouldn’t call it love.” It’s from acoustic-country-folk-pop duo Xylaroo and their new song On My Way. A jaunty little number that celebrates drinking, lying and finding freedom through doing what you want.“I’m on my way, I’m on way on my way to hell,” they sing with those lovely harmonies. I’ve probably said it before but I’ll say it again, they’re like the UK’s version of First Aid Kit, and that’s bloody marvellous isn’t it? And was that a reference to Aleister Crowley the notorious recreational drug experimenter and bisexual? I think it was. If anything was ever going to make me grab a bottle of hard liquor and learn line dancing, this would be it. 

Xylaroo - I'm On My Way

No comments: